Here are a few 'housekeeping' notes for November:
* Please save the date for American Education Week! On Thursday, November 15th, we will have a special program here in our classroom at 11:30 am. The children will make a brief presentation about Thanksgiving, and we will have time for parents to enjoy time together with their children. At 12:15-12:45, you are all invited for a Turkey Feast hosted by Mr. Vickers in Mill Run's cafeteria. Following the feast, I am told that parents are encouraged to take their children to the library to shop at the book fair. This is shaping up to be a tremendous celebration of our school and classroom community.
* Due to the turkey feasts for other grades, our snack and lunch schedule will be altered somewhat on Wednesday, November 14 and Friday, November 16. Students will be able to purchase lunch from the cafeteria on these days, but many children prefer to bring lunch from home since we will be eating in the classroom.
* In homework news, the current homework packet is being stretched until Friday, November 9 due to our two hurricane days and the short week this week. Thank you for understanding. Also, there will be no homework the week of Thanksgiving. As a reminder, you only need to return the homework cover sheet with your initials. Homework is only checked for completion.
* We have welcomed a new student to our class, and he is already fitting in beautifully. We now have 27 students: 13 girls and 14 boys. I will send an updated class list shortly.
* Thanks again for your incredible support during our parent/teacher conferences. It is a real pleasure to share good news with you about the wonderful things your children are doing at school. Report cards will come home in your child's backpack on November 14. Please return the report card envelope the next day since we will re-use them throughout the year.